Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
Medical Secretary/Certified Medical Assistant
Reporting to the Manager of Practice Operations, the Medical Secretary/CMA will be responsible for the following.
- Prepare and label specimens with required clinical data; ensure timely delivery of specimens to appropriate designation.
- Perform phlebotomy duties for outpatient office and ultrasound patients, as directed.
- Clean and maintain exam rooms and utility areas; set up patient rooms daily.
- Maintain sterile and non-sterile equipment and ensure adequate supply of equipment is ready at all times for patient care.
- Record patient vital signs in chart and inform/confirm with patient any physician recommendations.
- Chart prep/filing/scanning of medical records and/or results.
- Arrive patients, obtain all consents, verify insurance, certifications and referrals.
- Enter/edit orders into EMR with providers instructions
- Collect patient payments, perform front end billing.
- Enter patient data into IDX/EMR system and maintain patient database.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency.
- Certified as a Medical Assistant from an accredited program.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, computer literate and customer service oriented.
- OB/GYN and IDX/Crown experience for a minimum of one year is preferred.
- Candidate must have good communication skills and team spirit.