Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
Credentialed Medical Assistant
The Credentialed Medical Assistant will assist physicians in running the day-to-day front end operations of a busy practice.
- Assist physicians with patient treatment/procedures, including venipuncture.
- Check-in/check-out patients, verifying insurance, collecting associated co-pays.
- Coordinate patient flow with the physicians, practice managers and medical secretaries.
- Take vitals (BP, weight, height) on all patients and record vitals for all patients in CROWN.
- Prepare and label specimens with required data. Label all patient specimens with name, MRN, DOB, date and physician. Record daily all outgoing specimens in log books.
- Generate in CROWN proper requisitions for all specimens.
- Maintain inventory and stock all medical supplies in the exam rooms, MA stations and supply closet.
- Maintain sterile and non-sterile equipment and ensure adequate supply of equipment is ready at all times for patient care.
- Initiate Rx refills with final sign off by NP/MD.
- Using patient intake forms enter medications, allergies, smoking status with final verification by NP/MD.
- High School Diploma.
- NYS CMA (AAMA) Certification Required.
- Phlebotomy Licensure Required.
- Minimum of two years of related experience.
- CROWN order entries required.
- Possess knowledge of modem office equipment, systems and procedures.
- Spanish fluency a plus.
- Strong interpersonal organizational and communicational skills.
- Must be able to functions in an organized, neat, and detailed matter.