Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
Credentialed Medical Assistant/Front Desk Coordinator
The incumbent will be responsible for the day to day operations of multiple physicians within a busy Nephrology Practice.
- Greet patients; Distribute required registration forms and practice policies to patients
- Schedule new and follow-up appointments according to provider participation status
- Collect and log copays and past due balances
- Accurately update appointment statuses in IDXWeb, scan patients documents into All Scripts, print clinical summaries. Collect and obtain referrals and authorizations.
- Verify and update patient demographic and insurance information in IDX. Enter required patient information into EMR in efforts to meet the meaningful requirements.
- Medication reconciliation and refill requests to be entered into EMR for verification by MD
- Chaperone and assist physicians in the exam room.
- CROWN order entry required
- High School graduate or equivalent with at least three years’ prior experience in physician practice preferred or bachelor’s degree with two years’ experience.
- Credentialed Medical Assistant, and CPR certification, Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
- Must be able to multi task, have excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of physician billing procedures and medical terminology required. Proficiency in the use of billing systems.
- Ability to work in a team environment required.
- Conforms to all applicable HIPPA, Billing Compliance and safety guidelines.