Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
Front Desk Receptionist/Credentialed Medical Assistant
In this role the successful candidate is an important part of the clinical care team and is responsible for facilitating the accurate and efficient delivery of care in an outpatient setting.
- Gather and populate MU data on patient’s electronic record (allergies, medications, fam. history, etc). Collecting and populating Meaningful Use data in IDX and CROWN.
- Perform phlebotomy/venipuncture as needed and prepare specimens to be transported to lab; Perform EKGs as needed.
- Perform vital signs and document in patient’s electronic record. Assist physicians with procedures and examinations; cleans and sterilizes designated equipment after use.
- Maintain and restock supplies in exam rooms and treatment areas. Maintain diagnostic equipment, perform QC testing and maintain supporting documentation. Maintain daily refrigerator/freezer logs
- CROWN order entries as required
- Greeting and interacting with patients in a courteous and professional manner.
- Using IDX to check patients in for their appointments and make follow up appointments upon check out.
- Collection of copayments and posting of payments to IDX, daily reconciliation of the cash drawer.
- Obtaining insurance pre-authorizations for treatments and diagnostic procedures and recording in the appropriate system as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associates Degree preferred
- Medical Assistant Certificate from an accredited medical assistant program required
- CMA or RMA required
- 1-2 years of medical assisting experience in an outpatient setting preferred
- 1-2 years of front desk experience in an outpatient or customer service-oriented setting preferred
- Current BCLS/AED certification required