Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
The medical secretary will provide administrative support for the daily activities of the Bone Unit Faculty Practice in the Division of Endocrinology.
- Greeting patients in a professional and friendly manner
- Answering phones in a professional manner, take accurate phone messages, triage calls and escalate urgent calls appropriately.
- Schedule and confirm patient initial appointments, schedule follow-up appointments and manage patient wait list.
- Update patient demographics via IDX. Using proper systems (IDX) ensure patients have appropriate referrals/authorizations for their visits.
- Interact with pharmacies and insurance companies.
- Collect and record patient payments at time-of-service, issue receipts, and file necessary forms for billing.
- Scan all patient clinical information (intake forms, insurance cards, etc.) into the EMR.
- Maintain the office in a neat and organized manner and stocked with supplies, along with keeping handouts stocked in provider rooms.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1-3 years of previous related work experience preferred
- Must be prompt and polite with strong interpersonal skills, organized and able to multi-task
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must exhibit strong follow through, establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- IDX/CROWN experience a plus