Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
Credentialed Medical Assistant
The Credentialed Medical Assistant will be supporting the busy practice of Gynecologic Oncology.
- Prepare patients for procedures;Take patient histories, vital signs and record information in CROWN
- Assist physicians with examinations, procedures and department specific therapies.
- Perform phlebotomy duties and point-of-care tests such as urinalysis, glucose monitoring and pregnancy tests.
- CROWN order entries required.
- Prepare, label and process collected specimens, and ensure timely delivery of specimens to appropriate designation and maintain appropriate lab logs during sessions.
- Clean and maintain examination and treatment rooms daily. Process, sterilize and organize instruments daily.
- Notify physicians and nurses of emergencies and perform first aid.
- Manage and track a smooth clinic/patient flow from arrival until exam room departure using CROWN, including welcoming and informing patients of any delays.
- Prepare and maintain medical charts.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certified as a Medical Assistant from an accredited program
- Computer literate with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Display a high energy level, positive attitude, team spirit and commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- 0-1 years of OB/GYN experience and knowledge of medical terminology