Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
The Medical Secretary will help to provide patient centered care in a high volume Urology office.
- Schedule appointments for office visits, UDS Dept. using IDX, Web: and review verifies and updates demographic and insurance information.
- Collect referrals, coordinate and obtain financial authorization for radiology, laboratory, and procedures.
- Obtain pre-certifications for ambulatory and in-patient procedures, and other services
- Track payments from patient and insurance companies, review EOB's analyze rejections/denials, and interact with Department Billing office in handling patient inquiries.
- Mail consult letters, laboratory results, medication prescriptions, radiology requisitions, and referral letters to patients and referring physicians.
- Answers telephone; screens calls and take messages: responds to inquiries and direct callers and visitors to appropriate office personnel as needed.
- Responsible for obtaining authorization to release medical records, collecting payments, copying records and mailing to requesting patients or companies.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in education, training and experience.
- Prior experience using IDX-Web and Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- 2-3 years of related experience in a clinical setting.
- Must have excellent customer service skills in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of staff and must have an understanding of patient confidentiality.