Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
Assist physicians and nurse practitioners with clinical matters and coordinates clinical calls.
- Collaborate with Patient Access Coordinator and Practice Managers in gathering pertinent clinical data and assisting with the coordination of clinic with the appropriate pediatric neurologist.
- Collaborate with medical assistants for medical/prescription, prior authorizations, letter of medical necessity and pharmacy/clinical calls.
- Prioritize urgent needs of patients under the supervision/direction of a registered professional nurse or licensed physician, or other licensed health care provider.
- Coordinate patient flow with the physicians, practice managers, and medical secretaries.
- Retrieve patient messages from phone line and appropriately follows up with patient and family to gather additional information and communicates to care team.
- Document current medications, allergies, and smoking status in CROWN EMR with final verification by NP/MD. Initiate medication refill request with final sign off by NP/MD.
- Print and provide patient education.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- New York State Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Minimum of two years of related experience.
- CROWN order entries required.
- Possess knowledge of modern office equipment, systems and procedures.
- Spanish fluency a preferred.
- Strong interpersonal organizational and detailed oriented skills.