Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
Provide pre-certification for imaging services for ColumbiaDoctors Radiology offices.
- Efficiently and pleasantly work with referring physician offices; providing pre-certification services for referring physicians offices.
- Obtain all relevant patient clinical/demographic data from referring physician office and or EHR system. Schedule appointments for Radiology clinical practice sites.
- Use Pre-Certification template to obtain all necessary clinical information to successfully obtain pre-certification from third party.
- Communicate with all parties including referring physician, Radiology and billing vendor regarding updated status of pre-certs.
- Inform referring physician offices when pre-certifications are denied and work with the office to appeal the denied pre-cert.
- Remain knowledgeable of pre-certification requirements for all insurance plans. Assist in maintaining records/protocols as third party rules and guidelines are changed or modified.
- Using web-based third party networks as well as telephone contact, obtain pre-certification for referring physicians. Review pre-certifications confirming that all studies are correctly pre-certified.
- High School Diploma, College preferred
- Minimum three years of physician billing experience. Practice; IDX medical billing and scheduling experience essential, Radiology experience preferred; excellent interpersonal and communication skills