Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
Credentialed Medical Assistant/Medical Secretary
The CMA/Medical Secretary will serve as a liaison between physicians and other individuals such as patients.
- Prepare patients for procedures. Assist physicians with examinations, procedures and department specific therapies
- Take patient histories, vital signs and record information in CROWN. Perform phlebotomy duties and point-of-care tests such as urinalysis, glucose monitoring and pregnancy tests
- CROWN order entries required.
- Prepare, label and process collected specimens, and ensure timely delivery of specimens to appropriate designation
- Maintain appropriate lab logs during sessions
- Manage equipment and supply inventory, including the routine review and removal of expired medical supplies
- Enter patient demographic and insurance information, including FSC numbers into IDX system
- Perform front desk duties applicable to CROWN (ie. Scanning, insurance cards, photos, pharmacy information and patient portal). Arrive patients, obtain consents, verify insurance certification and referrals
- Prepare and maintain medical charts.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certified as a Medical Assistant from an accredited program
- Computer literate with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Display a high energy level, positive attitude, team spirit and commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- 0-1 years of OB/GYN experience and knowledge of medical terminology