Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
Responsible to the Clinical Operations Manager in the Center of Lymphoid Malignancies. The Medical Secretary will be responsible for all functions of the front desk.
- Meet and greet patients in a professional, cordial manner.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for office within multiple schedules as well as manage provider schedules
- Obtain demographics and insurance prior to visit to ensure account is secured, and update patients' accounts as needed
- Manage Infusion and Admission calendars as well as submissions accordingly
- Obtain Order forms via electronic medical record task list from physicians and obtain pre-certifications according to Managed Care guidelines
- Follow cash management FPO guidelines by collecting TOS payments and account balances prior to patient visit, perform cash, check, and credit card (cc) transactions and generate patient receipts
- College degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Related working experience may substitute for advanced education and/or experience. At least 3 years of related work experience required.
- Knowledge of Epic, IDX Web Scheduling, IDX Term Applications and All scripts (CROWN) applications preferred
- Working knowledge of Managed Care, Medicare and Medicaid Insurances, with an overall understanding of how the insurance plans work, including referrals and pre-authorizations preferred