Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
Credentialed Medical Assistant
The Credentialed Medical Assistant will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of a high volume practice in the Department of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery.
- Escort patients to rooms and signs.
- Initial history, medical review, and screening of patients.
- Data entry of intake information and meaningful use measures in EMR.
- Set up examination/consultation/procedure rooms; assure rooms are stocked and cleaned between every patient.
- Clean and sterilize scopes and other instruments per pre-established guidelines.
- Perform general office duties such as answering phones, obtaining precertification for testing, word processing, and verification of patient information in the IDX system.
- Maintain an inventory of required medical supplies and inform the Office Manager of any items that need to be ordered.
- Assist patients; this includes helping handicapped patients to the bathroom, assisting ambulance staff with getting patients on/off stretchers, assisting patients in preparation for procedures, etc.
- High School Graduate.
- Certification as a medical assistant (RMA/CMA) required; must be registered or certified
- Minimum of one (1) year related experience preferred Knowledge of CROWN EMR preferred
- Possesses the ability to work independently, be proactive, and anticipate the needs of the Clinicians and the patients.
- Strong interpersonal skills, computer and email literate.