Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
The Patient Coordinator will assist the VIR physicians in the administrative aspects of billing and the delivery of care to VIR patients.
- Provides support for daily VIR clinical practice operations; answers the VIR practice telephone and proactively assists callers/relays messages to the appropriate party. Follows up accordingly.
- Assists in the pre- and post –procedural follow up of patients undergoing VIR procedures.
- Schedules appointments and coordinates required pre-procedural testing/medical reports.
- Verifies insurance information and performs pre-authorization tasks if required.
- Accepts mail/package deliveries and disperses to the appropriate parties.
- Prepares response for routine correspondence; medical transcription for VIR physicians.
- Prepares, collects and processes up front billing and payment for VIR patients
- High School Diploma or Equivalency Certificate.
- Minimum 1 years of physician practice experience, radiology preferable; excellent interpersonal and communication skills