In this role the successful candidate is an important part of the clinical care team and is responsible for working alongside physicians, nurses, medical assistants and other healthcare professionals to facilitate the accurate and efficient delivery of care in an outpatient setting. This is a float position and will be shared among multiple sites. Daily responsibilities may include:
- Greet patients and assist administrative staff and MAs with coordinating patient flow to and from exam rooms and treatment areas
- Perform vital signs and document in patient’s electronic record
- Gather and populate MU data on patient’s electronic record (allergies, medications, fam. history, etc)
- Administer injections (subq, IM and intradermal) as ordered by providers
- Perform phlebotomy/venipuncture as ordered by providers and prepare specimens to be transported to lab. Assist physicians with clinical procedures and examinations
- Perform EKGs as needed. Perform point of care testing as trained, maintain log books.
- Oversee restocking of supplies in exam rooms and treatment areas; monitor supply inventories for practice and order supplies as needed
- Prepare, clean and restock exam rooms between patients (including disinfection of surfaces); cleans and sterilizes designated equipment after use.
- Maintain diagnostic and sterilization equipment, perform QC testing and maintain supporting documentation. Oversee completion of daily refrigerator/freezer logs.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited Practical Nursing program required
- Current NYS LPN license in good standing required
- 1-2 years of clinical nursing experience in an inpatient or outpatient setting preferred
- Current BCLS/AED certification required
- Phlebotomy certification or training a plus