Credentialed Medical Assistant
The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) will serve as a key member of the patient care team in an ambulatory setting. The CMA will work closely with Providers who specialize in both Adult & Pediatric Primary Care as well as with other clinical and administrative staff to deliver an exceptional patient experience that contributes to positive health outcomes for patients and a work culture of caring, collaboration, and excellence.
- Greet and interact with patients, visitors, vendors, and all faculty and staff in a courteous, helpful, and professional manner
- Prepare patients for their visit including: pre-visit organization of information required for an efficient in-office experience, performing patient rooming functions (taking vital signs, medication reconciliation, accurate documentation of chief complaint, updating history as requested, updating health maintenance items as requested), providing instructions to patients in a manner that facilitates efficient office flow
- Perform venipuncture as requested and accurately prepare and label specimens per organizational and laboratory guidelines. Assist providers or other clinical staff with in-office procedures as requested.
- Perform EKGs and/or spirometry as requested
- Maintain inventory and stock medical supplies in exam rooms, clinical work stations, and supply areas. Monitor supply inventories for practice and notify manager when inventory is low
- Clean and disinfect exam rooms and equipment per practice and organizational policies
- Maintain diagnostic equipment, perform QC testing and maintain supporting documentation. Maintain daily refrigerator/freezer logs, monthly AED log and other QA logs as trained
- Obtain prior authorizations for medications as requested. Enter orders into the Electronic Health Record as trained.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associates Degree preferred
- Medical Assistant Certificate from an accredited medical assistant program required
- CMA or RMA required
- 1-2 years of medical assisting experience in an outpatient setting preferred
- Current BCLS/AED certification required