The Front Desk Receptionist (FDR) will serve as a key member of the patient care team in an ambulatory setting. The FDR will work closely with providers across multiple specialties as well as with other clinical and administrative staff to deliver an exceptional patient experience that contributes to positive health outcomes for patients and a work culture of caring, collaboration, and excellence.
- Greet and interact with patients, visitors, vendors, and all faculty and staff in a courteous, helpful, and professional manner
- Utilize all available tools (i.e. institution directories, patient kiosks) in order to help patients navigate their visit. Work closely with the practice staff involved in order to assure that the patient is offered a smooth, informational visit flow.
- Following appropriate training, make sure to understand and utilize systems (ie. EPIC, Experian) appropriately during check in and check out process.
- Confirm that patients have all appropriate documentation for their visit (i.e. insurance card, referrals, authorizations) and that all initial questionnaires and paperwork are completed and signed. Scan and index paperwork into appropriate folders.
- Assist with medical records requests.
- Collect all patient payments at time of service, including any outstanding balances. Prepare daily payment logs and close out/settle Cash Drawer in Epic.
- Answer phones in a pleasant & responsive manner and direct all calls appropriately.
Education and Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent, Associates Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a health care environment.
- Knowledge of EPIC EMR a plus.
- Knowledge of modern office equipment, systems and procedures.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus, but not required.