The Administrative Coordinator functions within the Clinical Coordination Service as the main point of contact for communications with patients and family members who wish to schedule an appointment at the Heart Valve Center, including new patient appointments and follow up appointments. The Coordinator will work closely with the other members of the clinical coordination service to ensure that patients are scheduled and evaluated in a timely manner.
- Conducts initial and follow-up communications with patients and family members.
- Oversees assembly and dissemination of information packets to all new patients including required forms. And updating these materials as needed.
- Scans medical into electronic database (EPIC)
- Maintains and updates appointment schedules and calendars in EPIC. Follows-up with "no-show" patients and cancellations.
- Conducts appointment reminder calls 2-3 days prior to scheduled appointments. Calls TAVR patients to schedule 30-day follow-up appointments.
- Schedule testing/ procedures. Prepares schedules for valve screening clinics and private office visits and disseminates schedules to designated team members.
- Obtains authorization and referrals as needed and secures all office visits.
- Requests medical records (including images on DVD) for all valve clinic screening patients, and other patients as requested by medical team and scanning them into patient’s medical records.
- The candidate must be able to work collaboratively within a diverse team of professionals and must be a highly organized and efficient individual. The candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to work individually and as part of a team. The candidate must acknowledge that the patient is our highest priority.
- Must be able to manage multiple cross-functional communications and process in a timely manner.
- Must have a high degree of professionalism in all communications.
- Previous experience in a medical office a big plus.
- Must possess strong communication skills and the ability to speak with many diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to build interdepartmental relationships.
- Must think strategically and problem solver.
- Minimum 2-3 years of related experience.
- Experience in managing complex schedules.
- Bilingual (Spanish) desired