Certified Medical Assistant
The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) will serve as a key member of the patient care team in an ambulatory setting. The CMA will work closely with providers across multiple specialties as well as with other clinical and administrative staff to deliver an exceptional patient experience that contributes to positive health outcomes for patients and a work culture of kindness, inclusion, integrity, accountability, and excellence.
- Prepare patients for their visit including: pre-visit organization of information required for an efficient in-office experience, performing patient escort and rooming functions (taking vital signs, medication. reconciliation, accurate documentation of chief complaint, updating history as requested, updating health maintenance items as requested), providing instructions to patients in a manner that facilitates efficient patient safety and standard operations for the practice. Assists patients as needed with walking, transferring, dressing, collecting and processing specimens and point of care testing, preparing for exam, etc.
- Collaborate with Front Desk staff to expedite the delivery of quality patient care, provide an excellent patient experience and promote patient flow.
- Drive awareness of pre and post visit processes and self-services in place to minimize density and unnecessary patient-staff contact.
- Perform additional check out functions such as scheduling, referrals and additional tasks as needed.
- Perform venipuncture as requested and accurately prepare and label specimens per organizational and laboratory guidelines.
- Collect and label nasopharyngeal specimens for testing as trained.
- Maintain diagnostic equipment, perform QC testing and maintain supporting documentation.
- Maintain daily refrigerator/freezer logs, monthly AED log and other QA logs as trained.
- Ensures overall condition of treatment room is clean and safe according to practice standards. Escalates any issues to Environmental Services, Engineering, Central Sterile, Materials Management, etc. and ensures follow through.
- High school graduate or equivalency and graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- CMA or equivalency required.
- Current BCLS/AED certification required.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational and problem solving skills. Ability to perform across multi-disciplinary and/or specialties while maintaining high productivity and a professional and service-oriented demeanor.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a culturally diverse staff and patient/family population demonstrating tact, respect, and sensitivity.
- Must have excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and strong ability to deescalate stressful situations.
- Must be an engaged team member demonstrating collaboration, inclusion, reliability, punctuality, and adaptability to new and changing situations.
- Basic proficiency in computer skills including, but not limited to, Electronic Health Systems, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Email systems, etc.
- Associates Degree or additional academic coursework is preferred.
- Previous medical assisting experience in an outpatient setting preferred.
- Proficiency of OSHA standards including disposal of biohazard waste is preferred.
- Preferred multi-specialty experience in a high volume setting preferred.
- Prior EMR experience, EPIC preferred.