Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the front desk administrative duties of a high volume Dental Faculty Practice.
- Scheduling Appointments for office visits and procedures; performing pre-registration intake for new patients which includes obtaining all pertinent information insurance eligibility verification. Notation in charts of broken appointments and canceled day of appointments
- Will collect patient registration information (i.e., name, address, insurance ID, date of birth) prior to patient arrival at the office to determine eligibility and private co-payments
- Responsible for checking insurance eligibility and for notating confirmation for each visit in patient's chart. Call insurance for each patient
- Greets visitors and assists as needed. Answers Telephones pleasantly and professionally; takes complete and accurate messages; prepares and follows up on messages, inquires and refers callers appropriately; ensures prompt delivery of messages to all.
- Check for diagnoses, x-rays, pre-medication & latex allergies both in charts and in the computer.
- Responsible for entering care forms from Dental Providers; entering daily treatment procedures and collecting treatment fees as well as discussing future financial arrangements. Balancing of credit card machine at the end of each day.
- Minimum 5 yrs. experience in front desk/admin asst.
- Knowledge of dental terminology and dental practices a must.
- Computer Literate, with experience in dental software packages.
- Ability to work independently