The Medical Secretary will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of a high volume practice of Neurology.
- Scheduling appointments for office visits and procedures; performaning pre-registration intake for new patients; and obtaining referrals and verification of coverage.
- Will also perform pre-certifications for procedures and other services, and obtain records and referral information for patient appointments.
- Will verify patient information in IDX, CROWN, determine and collect insurance payments and co-payments.
- Will track payment from patients and insurance companies, review EOBs, analyze rejections/denials, and interact with Departmetn Billing office in handling patient inquiries.
- Shall ensure that all billing is in compliance prior to submission to billing office.
- Will assist with Managed Care Plan credentialing.
- High School Diploma is preffered or the equivalent in education, training and experience.
- 0 to 2 years of related experience working in a physician practice scheduling appointments and working with medical records.
- Computer literacy-ability to use Microsoft Word.
- Ability to work with patients in an empathetic manner.
- Effective and appropriate interpersonal and communication skills both.
- Reliable and highly motivated.
- Ability to understand and adhere to established procedures or other complex guidelines in the performance of work tasks.
- Ability to work with others in a central operation team and facilitate requests related to patient care/patient flow.
- Ability to perform tasks with accuracy and minimal error rate.
- Ability to use good judgement in the course of interactions with physicians, patients, staff, and management.
- Possess professional communication skills.
- Bilingual Verbal Fluency in Spanish and English-a plus.