Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
We are seeking an enthusiastic Medical Secretary to join our dynamic team in providing outstanding service for our patients.
- Maintain physician’s schedule according to physician’s instructions and in accordance with office protocol
- Accurately register and schedule appointments for patients in GE/IDX practice management system
- Schedule appointment requests via patient portal system
- Prepare patients’ charts. Enter/edit orders into EMR with provider’s instructions.
- Enter, edit and/or scan patients’ information into EMR system and maintain patient database
- Respond to patients’ general questions about the practice, health insurance coverage, explain billing procedures and educate patients on financial obligations
- Review and verify patients’ insurance eligibility and benefits under various health plans
- Address patients’ complaints and problems. Ensure patients’ messages, prescription requests and referrals are handled in a timely manner
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 0-1 years of OB/GYN experience
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Display a positive attitude, high level of energy and commitment to providing excellent customer service