Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
To provide secretarial and clerical support for physician practices as needed, troubleshooting CROWN EMR and IDX issues/problems and supporting/assisting manager with various duties.
- Answer phone, take messages
- Prepare charts for office hours, maintain chart files
- Schedule appointments for office visits and procedures, confirm appointments
- Ensure patient insurance is active and all demographics are correct by verifying in IDX
- Collect copays, coinsurance and self-pay balances prior to the visit
- Prepare time of service payment log
- Review CROWN encounters to ensure billing elements are complete
- Using CROWN EMR system to support physician including pre-loading and scanning
- Assist with several front end revenue cycle projects
- Minimum of two years experience in a in a clinical practice setting.
- Knowledge of GE/IDX billing and scheduling or comparable professional billing system.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of insurance plans and all lines of business, insurance billing requirements, worker’s compensation, Medicare and Medicaid.
- Good interpersonal, verbal, telephone and written communication skills in the English language.
- Functional knowledge of basic computer operation and keyboard functions.
- High school graduate or GED certificate.
- Ability to follow-through and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience with Managed Care Credentialing
- Other Computer Software Skills Microsoft Word, Excel and Email.