Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
Credentialed Medical Assistant
The Credentialed Medical Assistant will serve as a liaison between physicians and other individuals such as patients.
- Take patient histories, vital signs and record information in CROWN
- Prepare patients for procedures. Assist physicians with examinations, procedures and department specific therapies
- Manage and track patient flow from arrival until exam room departure using CROWN, including welcoming and informing patients of any delays
- Prepare and maintain medical charts
- Perform phlebotomy duties and point-of-care tests such as urinalysis, glucose monitoring and pregnancy tests
- Prepare, label and process collected specimens, and ensure timely delivery of specimens to appropriate designation. Maintain appropriate lab logs during sessions
- Process, sterilize,organize instruments and clean and maintain examination and treatment rooms daily.
- Manage equipment and supply inventory, including the routine review and removal of expired medical supplies daily
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certified as a Medical Assistant from an accredited program
- Computer literate with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Display a high energy level, positive attitude, team spirit and commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- 0-1 years of OB/GYN experience and knowledge of medical terminology
- CROWN order entries required.