Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, the Medical Assistant is responsible for the patient workflow during office hours.
- Prepares patients for examinations for the clinician. Assists and prepares physicians with minor procedures.
- Maintains order and organization of exam rooms.
- Stocks and maintains inventory for physician exam rooms including ordering. Processes medication refill requests
- Takes vital signs and documents appropriately. Scans patient documentation into CROWN for archiving
- Performs venipuncture, finger sticks, prepares specimens for handling, and transports to lab drop off area.
- Performs lab testing, including dipstick, rapid strep, and pregnancy.
- High school Graduate or GED equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certification
- 1-2 years of prior experience as a medical assistant in private practice and/or ambulatory setting.