Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
Front Desk Receptionist/Credentialed Medical Assistant
In this role the successful candidate is an important part of the clinical care team and is responsible for facilitating the accurate and efficient delivery of care in an outpatient setting.
- Confirm that patients have all appropriate documentation for their visit…i.e. insurance card, referrals, authorizations and that all initial questionnaires and paper work are completed and signed.
- Collect all patient payments at time of service, including any outstanding balances. Prepare daily payment logs and close out/settle credit card machine.
- Gather and populate MU data on patient’s electronic record (allergies, medications, fam. history, etc.)
- Perform phlebotomy/venipuncture as needed and prepare all specimens to be transported to lab. Perform vital signs and document in patient’s electronic record.
- Maintain and restock supplies in exam rooms and treatment areas. Monitor supply inventories for practice and notify supervisor when inventory is low.
- Cleans and sterilizes designated equipment after use
- Enter orders as directed by provider
- Maintain diagnostic equipment, perform QC testing and maintain supporting documentation
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associates Degree preferred
- Medical Assistant Certificate from an accredited medical assistant program required
- CMA or RMA required
- 1-2 years of medical assisting experience in an outpatient setting preferred
- 1-2 years of front desk experience in an outpatient or customer service-oriented setting preferred
- Current BCLS/AED certification required