Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
Certified Medical Assistant
This position’s primary function is to perform a variety of clinical and clerical functions to assist the clinical staff in providing patient care.
- Chaperone and assist the provider in the exam room; with fertility-related procedures such as oocyte retrievals.
- Perform phlebotomy and prepare blood work in a timely manner.
- Document and file all lab results in patient charts. Ensure that the patient chart is up-to-date including Checklist and Consent Forms.
- Relay information to patients per physician instructions.
- Order medical supplies and ensure that patient care areas are stocked.
- Set up and break down procedure rooms. Maintain and clean all exam rooms between patients and at the end of the shift.
- Ensure all equipment/utensils/instruments are cleaned and sterilized after use on a daily basis.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
- 0-1 years of Medical Assistant experience required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately in a pleasant, courteous manner with patients, visitors and co-workers.
- Ability to organize work and accommodate a changing and unpredictable environment.
- Must be able to deal with a flexible/often complex coordination of schedule to satisfy diversity among patients and co-workers.