Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
Credentialed Medical Assistant
Under physician assist with daily functions of the clinical and research activities of the Naomi Berrie Diabetes Center.
- Participate in Clinical Trials screening events held on evenings and or weekends
- Takes vital signs, temperature, weight, height, blood pressure, blood and urine tests and other measurements as needed, and documents the results in patient charts / electronic medical record
- Provide phlebotomy and EKG services
- Storing and processing of specimens
- Specimen handling and shipping of blood and urine daily. Retrieve lab results from CPMC lab as well as outside labs.
- Enter A1C and blood glucose measurements into electronic medical record
- Assist physicians with patient examinations
- Prepare exam rooms following each patient visit and at the end of the day
- Check prescription line daily and record messages. Assist with mailing and faxing prescriptions.
- Medical Certificate with 1-2 years related experience
- High school Diploma
- Ability to follow through and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Bilingual a strong plus