Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
Medical Assistant/Medical Secretary
Reporting to Clinical/Admin Support Staff Management team.
- Lab specimen processing. Blood drawing, vital signs
- Scanning necessary medical documentation into CROWN or the equivalent electronic medical record application
- Assist with patient treatments.
- Answering phones, screening telephone calls, greet patients/visitors, handles and re-directs inquiries as appropriate.
- Performing general secretarial duties (i.e. filing, copying, collating and sorting mail)
- Scheduling and pre-registering appointments at the time of appointment and confirming appointments the day before visits
- Entering demographic information in IDX
- Collect co-pays and provide receipts to patient. Reconciling arrived visits against documentation and charges ensuring timely documentation and billing of services.
- Reviewing provider encounter submissions for completeness and accuracy before submission to IDX.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency Certificate.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program.
- 3-5 years experience required.
- Ability to work well independently and with a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrates enthusiastic work ethic and superior customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Bilingual English-Spanish preferred.