Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
Certified Medical Assistant
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, the Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for the patient workflow during office hours.
- Prepares patients for examinations for the clinician. Assists and prepares physicians with minor procedures.
- Maintains order and organization of exam rooms. Stocks and maintains inventory for physician exam rooms including ordering.
- Takes vital signs and documents appropriately.
- Performs venipuncture, finger sticks, prepares specimens for handling, and transports to lab drop off area. Performs lab testing, including dipstick, rapid strep, and pregnancy.
- Processes medication refill requests
- Scans patient documentation into CROWN for archiving
- Assists front desk staff in check-in process
- High school Graduate or GED equivalent, Medical Assistant Certification
- 1-2 years of prior experience as a medical assistant in private practice and/or ambulatory setting.
- Good communications skills.
- Must be well organized and attentive to details.