Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
Vascular Laboratory Technician
The Vascular Lab Technician is responsible to perform selected non-invasive testing procedures to evaluate arterial and venous circulation.
- Perform selected non-invasive testing procedures to evaluate arterial and venous circulation. Routine tests include: Upper and Lower Extremity PVR, Carotid Duplex, Peripheral Venous Duplex (DVT study, Reflux study, Upper and Lower Extremity Vein Mapping), Native Artery and Bypass Graft Duplex, Abdominal and Visceral Arterial Duplex.
- Compile test results and create report using PenVasc.
- Complete CPT portion of superbill for each patient.
- Direct patients into the lab exam rooms.
- Filing of patient charts and related documents as needed.
- Provide coverage for other vascular technologists.
- Maintain current status BCLS
- Assist in training new personnel.
- High school graduate/GED or Associate’s Degree equivalent combination of education and years of experience
- Minimum of six months experience as a Vascular Technologist.
- Possess knowledge of modern office equipment, systems and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and takes initiative to improve overall office operations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of staff and must have an understanding of patient’s confidentiality.
- Bilingual with Spanish is an added plus.
- Certificate of completion from a diagnostic medical school.
- RVT certification preferred but not required.