Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
Medical Assistant/Medical Secretary
Medical Assistant/Medical Secretary duties are as follows:
- Assist with patient treatments. Blood drawing, vital signs, ekg’s. Lab specimen processing.
- Scanning necessary medical documentation into EPIC or the equivalent electronic medical record application
- Answering phones, screening telephone calls, greet patients/visitors, handles and re-directs inquiries as appropriate. Performing general secretarial duties (i.e. filing, copying, collating and sorting mail)
- Scheduling and pre-registering appointments at the time of appointment and confirming appointments the day before visits
- Verifying insurance information before patient arrival and copying insurance cards upon arrival. Entering demographic information in EPIC.
- Schedule procedures, diagnostic tests, follow-up visits and hospital admissions if needed
- Collect co-pays and provide receipts to patient; Record all time-of-service payments in the deposit log. Utilize the Front Desk Payment module.
- Reconciling arrived visits against documentation and charges ensuring timely documentation and billing of services
- High School Diploma or Equivalency Certificate.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program.
- 6 months+ experience-medical assistant and front-desk.
- Ability to work well independently and with a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrates enthusiastic work ethic and superior customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Bilingual English-Spanish preferred.