Job Posting | 61st Street Service Corporation
Seeking a Medical Secretary who will be responsible for the day-to day operations of our high volume
Pulmonary Associates practice.
- Answer phones, triage calls, and prioritize messages.
- Schedule patients for office visits, procedures, and ambulatory testing
- Manage practice schedule to ensure ease of access for patients and complete optimization of available sessions.
- Obtain pre-certification and pre-authorization for testing, office visits, medication, and homecare.
- Maintain patient EMR in EPIC
- Associate's degree or equivalent in education and/or clinical training
- At least one year of experience as a Medical Secretary.
- Knowledge of EPIC EMR and experience in an academic medical center is preferred.
- Must have excellent customer service skills in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of staff and must have an understanding of patient's confidentiality.
- Bilingual with Spanish is an added plus.