The Customer Service Specialist I is responsible for handling and resolving incoming phone calls from patients, insurance carriers and or physician offices. The Customer Service Specialist must exhibit professional and courteous behavior at all times during patient and/or client interaction.
- High school graduate or GED certificate is required.
- A minimum of 6 months’ experience in a physician billing or third party payer environment.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong customer service and patient-focused orientation and the ability to communicate, adapt, and respond to complex situations. Including the ability to diffuse complex situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of contracts, insurance benefits, exclusions, and other billing requirements as well as claim forms, HMOs, PPOs, Medicare, Medicaid and compliance program regulations.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to understand and navigate the payer adjudication process.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills both verbally and written.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Functional proficiency in computer software skills (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, E-mail, etc.)
Ability to work independently.