Responsible for managing patient calls with the highest level of customer service, registration and scheduling of patient appointments in GE /IDX practice management system, providing patient with all appointment relevant information.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Handles incoming calls
- Using a telephone headset and computerized practice management system, schedules all patient appointments in accordance with specific scheduling protocols.
- Uses all tools to accurately schedule patient appointments.
- Provides patients with all pre-appointment information needed.
- Obtain all patient information for accurate patient registration such as demographic and insurance information.
- Schedules appointment requests received via the Patient Portal.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as requested by Call Center Manager.
- Attends all regular staff meetings.
- Attends continuing professional development courses as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma required, Associates Degree preferred or the equivalent in education, training and experience in a physician practice setting.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in a physician practice scheduling appointments and working with medical records.
- Computer literacy- ability to use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work with patients in an empathetic manner.
- Effective and appropriate interpersonal and communication skills.
- Reliable and highly motivated.
- Ability to understand and adhere to established procedures or other complex guidelines in the performance of work tasks.
- Ability to work with others in a central operation team and facilitate requests related to patient care/patient flow.
- Ability to perform tasks with accuracy and minimal error rate.
- Ability to use good judgment in the course of interactions with physicians, patients, staff, and management.
- Possess professional communication skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required